Plenty! Often times someone will say, “I’m just one person, what difference could I possibly make?” Terri Hall is a perfect example of the power of one. Having said that, no one would expect you or anyone else to do what she does. There are many things however, that need to be done and below you’ll find various things to choose from. Simply find one that fits your passion and gifts.
- First of all, take note on what politicians voted FOR tolling and those that are the people's champions.
- Secondly, we encourage everyone to get on TURF’s email Alert list (statewide) and the San Antonio Toll Party email Alert list (local). By subscribing to these, you will receive important updates about upcoming events, legislative action, and volunteer opportunities.
- Start coming to SATollParty’s (local group – www.satollparty.com ) monthly meetings. We meet once a month along the Hwy 281 corridor. Meetings start at 6:30 and usually last about an hour. Find out when our next meeting is. Be sure to invite others!
- Tell everyone you know about www.281overpassesnow.com!
- Both the TURF web site (www.texasturf.org) and SA Toll Party blog (www.satollparty.com) provide the latest news on toll issues in our area, state, and country. Make sure you visit them often.
- Donate! You knew that would come up, right? It’s true though. Just like any other volunteer organization, this is an effort by the grassroots and we need your help financially to help the cause…legal costs, publicity events and ads, signs, etc. Donate today!
- Make sure to vote! If you’re unsure whether or not you’re registered to vote, find out here. We’re formulating a team to begin polling local, county, state, and federal politicians on toll issues and we’ll need a small army to accomplish this task. Once completed, we’ll publish our report online and voters will be able to make educated votes! If you’d like to help, contact us today.
- If you enjoy speaking to groups, ask your Home Owner’s Association or your Neighborhood Alliance if you can speak for 15 minutes at one of their upcoming meetings. The issue of tolls is a hot topic!
- Attend Transportation meetings. We need to make our presence known by attending whenever possible.
- The MPO meets the 4th Monday of every month at 1:30 PM. Meetings are held in the VIA Metropolitan Transit building located at 1021 San Pedro, San Antonio, 78213. Occasionally the board changes the date of its meeting so we suggest you visit their web site to make sure of their meeting date (http://www.alamoareampo.org/). To see their agenda for the meeting, got to 'Committees & Agendas', then click on "Transportation Policy Board (TPB)". You can simply sit and listen to the meeting, or if you’d like to address the board, sign up to speak prior to the meeting. Public comment is limited to three minutes a person.
- The RMA meets the second Thursday of the month at noon. Go to www.alamorma.org/ and click on Board Meetings. There you will find the current and past agendas. Their agenda the next meeting is not posted on their web site until the Friday before their meeting. This will also state the location.
- Find out who your City Councilman is.
- Find out who represents you as U.S. Senator, U.S. Representative, State Senator, and State Representative.
>> Join the Fight Now! <<